Friday, March 10, 2006

You can't please everybody...

That is today's lesson kiddo's. Now you can aim to please 3/4's of the people by doing the same old trite crap that is proven to sell. That usually works. I know for a fact the things I do don't appeal to everyone. (Magicians especially) Example: Posted on The Magic Cafe by two gentlmen. One I have heard of the other.. well he has a confusing website. (I'll let you figure out who is who)

David Parr: "For some reason, it seems rather difficult to track down coherent and useful writing on this effect. I'm in the process of putting together a review of Helter Shelter, a booklet dedicated to the razor blades, for another Web site. Alas, coherent and useful are not much in evidence in this booklet."

Harley Newman: "It's a mishmash of material, all of which can be found elsewhere, done better. I'm rarely disappointed with books. Even a good rehashing can offer good insight. I usually reread new books a couple of times, and have an ongoing pile of rereads. This went straight to the bookshelf."

Ok now I am all for people having an opinion, and hey I don't care if they dun like my book. Free will and alla that. I could sit here and defend my product but why bother. It's what they think and they are more then welcome to express how they feel. (Just as much as I am to point a big red circle around it and say "Looky here!!") Negative comments are a common thing to hear. .. especially in magic. Now while these two guys didna like my magical offering, I know of many more who did. That's the way it goes when you put stuff out in the open for people to see.

Hell, shows like South Park some people don't like it, but genrally for every one person who dislikes something, there are 10 more who do favor it. See?

Craig Newman (No relation): "I would like to say thank you for putting such a piece of material out for others to enjoy and learn. It was a fun read..."

So if anyone ever gets you down for not liking what you do just remember what ol' Bizzaro sez...

Let's see you do better.

Bizzaro.

(yes yes I know what yer saying. "Gee if you don't care why did you make light of it?" Simple. I'm just a bastard and I wanted to. Don't like it, don't read it. Go read one of the many other magic journals that brings you the latest in up to date magical gossip and foul mouthed ramblings. See? Can't please everyone.. and I don't plan on trying. Thanx - The Mngmnt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!