Monday, May 21, 2007

"I love noise and this life that it makes..."

So I was at the bus stop after picking up some of our Helter Shelter books to send out. (So if you're waiting you won't have to wait much longer.) Ran into a friend of mine and a friend of hers. I started doing magic for an innocent by-stander. The person who I had just met decided it was fun to explain how I was doing some coin manipulation.

I merely laughed and said "Don't lie to them like that." They were of course convinced that I was holding the coin behind my fingers or some such.. which is totally wrong. It was a Ramsey Subtlety. They also cited my sleeves at some point. So I decided to screw with em'.

I wear a trenchcoat... mostly all of the time. I'm a dork. Anyway, I can sleeve buicks and the pockets are great for ditching things into. SO I rolled up my sleeves, did a crappy sleight to throw them off, then in the moment or relaxation, I ditched the coin in my pocket but kept going like I was holding. I pretended to pass it from hand to hand a few times and then opened both hands slowly. The look on the skeptics face was, as always, priceless.

I told this story because I wanted to make a point. Don't let them win. If they think they know what's going on, throw them a curve ball. Some people can follow sleight of hand. They just can. It's a thing. However, if you sneak in a ringer,a gaff, or something else, they will have to stop and think. At that point, STOP! Be happy with your accomplishment.

I could have just as easily used a thumb tip or whatnot, but if your conviction is strong enuff, people will believe anything you tell them. What saves me in situations like that is knowing my wardrobe. Your costume/ outfit/ way you dress should always be taken into account. A true ninja is a master of himself and his environment.

Magic magic ninja's whut?

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!