Sunday, May 13, 2007

So I decided to hop by ellusionist's website to see if anything amusing was going on there. Seems they have been reduced to novelty playing card peddlers as of late. The only thing they are pushing really on their main page, aside from those aforementioned decks, are Dan Harlan's Hover Card.

I actually liked this trick... especially when it came out A LONG FREEKING TIME AGO!! I never understood ellusionists deal with repackaging effects from so long ago like it was a big deal. Mind you, that happens in magic a alot... but not usually with a full page ad in a magic magazine. I digress.

Hover card is indeed what they say. Very impactful. Downside? he handling. (Unless they hand changed it a bit since it first came out.) I had to find an alternate that made me feel better about doing it.. and I did. I even showed it to Harlan back in Austin at a TAOM. This was back when he resembled Joey Lawrence (WHOA!) The only drawback initially (Unless they fixed this too) was the gimmick was brittle and once it broke, there was no real repairing it.

So my suggestion to you is to buy the gimmick, sans instructions and stuff, and just play with it. Most magic doesn't grow or evolve without play. (Neither do most relationships for that matter) Do yourself a favor and jump in feet first.

I promise you, it's deep enuff.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!