Monday, April 30, 2007

This one goes out to Nena...

Alain Nu found out I am one of those filthy online "magic bloggers" (Mainly cuz' I told him) He replied, "Write something nice about me." Now I know he was mostly kidding. Lucky for him I have nothing bad to say. Lemme weave you a story.

Many many ago back in Austin, TX, TAOM was going on. They had brought in some heavy hitters. One of the nights of shows was Mystery School guys. (Of McBride Fame) Now Alain Nu is known for his mental feats and mindboggling metal bending and flatware mutilation. VEry few have probably ever seen his stage act. An almost surrealist piece that involves mime and a red balloon. Defintely worth seeing.

He has a brilliant effect with a post it note that appeared in the February 2004 issue of MAGIC (Go here and scroll down to Josh Jay performing the effect.) Also if you happen to have seen On the Road with Asher and Wilson you probably saw him do his mock Thumb Tip Routine which is also quite brilliant.

He has been all over TV and media and whatnot... and yet he still is gracious enuff to return my Myspace messages when he can. Nice guy and one day I'll treat him to some ice cream.

I wonder what he'd do for a Klondike Bar?

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!