Friday, April 13, 2007

Watched the Art of Astonishment: Vol 1 DVD earlier. I want to say the teo coolest things I got from that was the Un-shuffling Rebecca routine and the foil/coin trick. (Sneeeeky) Paul Harris' stuff can be very hit or miss and sifting thru his books can be a VERY mind numbing task. I liked the DVD cuz' it grabbed a lot of the weird/visual/magical effects he has had without going overboard. (Tho' the staged people recounting the tricks to themselves thing I thought was time that would have been better spent putting in one or two more effects.. but whatever. Not my DVD. That's over here.)

Now many people know Paul Harris' as the roving, barefoot, hippy, kung-fu the legend continues kinda magician. However, from things I have heard he is making BANK designing theme park stuff. Who knows. I DO know he has made a habit of slapping his name on other people's stuff to help them get their effects out there. I like that idea and don't at the same time.

Ok so quiz time: What phrase do Kevin Parker, Daniel Garcia, Wayne Houchin, and Greg Rostami all have in common? Click Here to find out.

Tell me I'm lying?

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!