Friday, December 29, 2006

Ok so.. let's talk about something I am PRETTY sure has been touch on here before... but hey beating dead things is a good way to spend a day right?

Levitation. In some magician's eyes, the ULTIMATE magic trick. Levitating things with wire and string and bits of metal and... and... gawd the list goes on. There have been many many, too many versions of the balducci since the Asshat made it uber-popular. The elevator, zero gravity boots, king rising, icarus effect (And it's various versions), and now the FLY lev. (I left out some I know.)

What is the obsession with the holy grail of Asshattery... the "Street levitation"? In my experience of dealing with drunks, kids, and the like if you levitate yourself, they assume you can levitate ANYTHING. "Wow that was cool, here make my car float" "Hey that was neet what else can you do that to.. here try my cell phone".

If they don't do that, it comes down to "Do it again, do it again!" so they can look under your feet. Personally I don't think it is worth it. I say float a small object and if they ask if you can float yourself like on TV say.. "yes". No need to prove it.

Chances are they aren't gonna give you any money anyway.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!