Thursday, March 22, 2007

Magic Shop Blues

So I'm out in Hollywood, CA right now. Within walking distance of Hollywood magic. Now I am not gonna say people in CA are superficial or stuck up.. but there are the odd fucknut here and there. Case in point....

Hollywood magic. I decided to go in and look around. I asked the first guy I saw what was new and amusing. Looking up from his book he said something to the effect of, "Yah sure over there". He nodded and then went back to his magic tome. So this older gentleman came out from the back and showed me some of the stuff I already knew was out but I like to make magic shops workers jump through hoops.

Before I get to the amusing part of the story I want to say this: I have been to many magic stores in my life and most of them are full of bitter guys who don't wanna show you stuff because yer not well known, their friend, or up to it. This is why the internet is kicking the brick and mortar shops ASS. No one to with a bad attitude to deal with behind the counter. Just point, click, and the only people who bother you are the credit card companies.

So anyway, back to my magical trip.... I decided to be coy and ask the older gentleman, who had the complexion of Bill Murray, if they happened to carry the book that came out on the razor blade trick called Helter Shelter. His reply? "it's out of print." I said "Really? It's fairly new" His response was golden. "Yah it's already out of print."

Being the author I realised A: He's full of shit. B: He didn't want to chance I was going to ask him to special order it. So long story short, Don't go to Hollywood Magic. Instead hit up the shop in Annaheim. There is a much friendlier shop there.

Tomorrow I go to the magic castle and make even less friends in magic. Wheeeeeeee...

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!