Wednesday, February 18, 2004

It's been awhile. I am sorry children of all ages. Life has sucked, but it's getting better. Now to torture you myself. This is disturbing. (Thanx to Andy for this link. It really really boggles my mind this guy even EXISTS.) This is what I am talking about everytime I am in a Barnes and Noble, Borders, Waldenbooks, and all them other over priced bookstores. Hell even Half Priced books does it too.

Go into ANY bookstore and ask where the magic books are. Where do you end up? Performing arts? No. An art section of any kind? Hell no. Games and hobbies. GAMES AND FREEKING HOBBIES!! Magic has been reduced to a game and hobby in the eyes of the world. Even MIMES have books in performing arts. MIMES OR THE LOVE OF GAWD!! Don't you see what I am saying? This sucks and it's all the fault of kokgobblers like that rotund lawn gnome up there in that link. (mind you this is unfair to lawn gnomes as they actually serve a purpose. I dunno what that is, but I am sure it's important.) Magic has been thrust deep right above mimes but right below jugglers. Hell clowns get more notoriety because they can scare the shit out of people. When was the last time a magician scared you? I don't mean with magic, with just looking like they do. (In otherwords badly dressed 80's fashion victims or closet drag queens.)

I'll tell you what scares me. That magic has gotten this far into a bad place. You say you do a sideshow people are like "Really?" you say I do magic and they go "Oh.. really?" I'm not just gonna blame it on Uncle Bob solely, but the hobbyists have tainted it in the eyes of those who do not know. Do you perform ballet without practicing. Do you go to a Kung Fu tourney without knowing what yer doing? Why buy a trick and screw it up or do it badly. It's easy. Nothing is on the line. It's just a trick. Oh well. I blame the rise of magic shops trying to just turn a buck, online and off. I guess it's kinda like the stripper I used to date. She said "If they're stupid enuff to give me money, I'm gonna take it."

Magic isn't viewed as a serious artform anymore and it prolly won't be ever again. The blame falls everywhere, but mostly on the shoulders of mental midgets like Mr. Shamu Ebay up there. This is why I have shirked the title magician, and gone right to entertainer. Anyone can do magic, but it's harder to entertain people. Think about it... and DON'T buy that DVD!!

Geezus.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!