Friday, February 25, 2005

Who am I to break a trend?

Many blogs spend a good amount of time linking to other websites they like or dislike and also give shout outs to others. So clear me some space on that bandwagon and let's have some fun shall we? First off www.SmappDooDa.com is open. It even has that new website smell again.

I don't claim that my website is great and powerful or anything. Never have. Others like it and I am happy about that. Now let's look at say... This Guy. His site is slick and, as many magicians with more money than perceivable skill, is all flash. I have a problem with flash sites. First, on low end machines they lag. Sure they look pretty but some people go a tad nutty with it. Also many new browsers clamoring for yer attention, like Firefox, have nigh-impossible to install flash plugins. I have ONE flash object (Used to be a java applet and even LESS people can view those damn things) and it's small. Even 56k can download it quickly.

Many of these magic sites remind me of going to a goth club. I want to be an individual... so I am gonna dress like everyone else. Once someone has a good idea, then EVERYONE wants one. Marching to the beat of a different drummer... but thaz a hell of a crowd following that one drummer.

Ok enuff pessimism, as long as I have been online so has this gal's site Allison's Backstage. I started going to it in it's infant stages when it was on an angelfire site. (Yah so was mine. You can still find it's web address if you look hard enuff.) Over the years she has made it better, faster, stronger than before. Always very slick and well done. She used to have a place for magicians to post links but that went away. Hey for a Copperfield fan she is a damn good artist. So kudos to her and her sis. (You can even find one of her art pieces being used on my site if you look hard enuff)

So what have we learned tonight? If you insist on using flash and yer a magician... do it to Ronald McDonald. It's funnier.

Bizzaro.

(Why is the word blog not in the spell check database of a blog site? Someone explain this to me please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!