Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I been putting this off for a while but while I am sitting here watching this further installment of The Mindflake I figure I should comment. Now I know all of the magic blogs will be filled with stuff about these new eps and new season. Well guess whut? Not mine.

I have watched all but half an episode of the first season. (The radio prediction episode and I can tell you without watching it he gets it right. Must be my scaaaaaary psychic poweeeeers wooOOOOOOOooooo...) My probs with the first season appear to be the same probs with the next season. Edited all to hell. The believability of this show, as a magician, is very suspect. Once it becomes obvious he uses confederates, then everything is suspect.

A lot of people think he's using LOTS of actors. He's actually just placing one or two people in a large crowd... duh. The problem with magic TV is that it is OVERLY contrived. If the right variables happen.. or you pay the right people off then anything can happen. All magic TV is edited and a bit slanted towards the subterfuge but after The Asshat, it went downhill.

I had to turn off Criss' first episode of season one cuz' it was so badly edited and many of the first season was recycled stuff from his other specials. I sat thru them just to see him perform much of the stuff he pays other people to develop. I know some of it was real, like the hooks, but much of it was just total.. bullshit. (Another TV show, but we're gonna leave them out of this.) I also learned he liked to remove his shirt any chance he could.

Anywho, Criss Angel is helping bookings, making weirdos in magic sheik, and giving Johnny Thompson work. Seriously tho', so far these first two episodes did what they said. To make more magic, and do less build up. (It is nice he is going back to the basics and traditional.. kinda.) However his crew acting surprised when he does stuff is just silly... but he has a nice mirror table.

Screw it, he's on TV and we're not. Thaz all we can say.

Bizzaro.

(PS:It seems he is trying to be more himself and lose the gawth-ish make-up but why is he trying to look more and more like the lead singer of KORN?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!