Monday, June 11, 2007



I had a fan of this blog (Who knew) clamor for something new. For those who feel the same way, sorry for the delay. We have actually been fairly busy believe it or don't. Blame Misty Lee for some of that.. and congratulate her. She has big things ahead of her but I will not spill it myself. Go join her message board and get the info from her directly.

Regardless, I do have a little thing I have wanted to post about so while I await a phone call, I shall share with you thusly.

I was in a local nightclub I frequent (And test out new material) and someone I am acquainted with... a non-magi mind you, exclaimed this, and I quote - "Magicians aren't overrated, just their Persona." With no provocation or anything. He just blurted it out. (After watching some magic mind you but still..)

What does this say to the rest of you? Think about it. A free thinking non-magician believes most of us have a personality that we deem higher than we maybe should... sound familiar? Are you one of.. THEM!?

It is true. We put a lot of self-importance on what we do. Sure magicians bring happiness to kids, and the sick, and the inebriated... but in the grand scheme of things do we cure disease or find a way to end hunger? Let's face it, these new clothes we have on don't really exist and I for one am not afraid to stand up and say that we're all just naked and lettin' it all hang out.

Sure magic has changed people's lives and blah blah blah. There are no absolutes in this world and exceptions wait around every corner to bludgeon the rules and steal it's wallet. That, however, is not my point.

Don't be so self important. Seriously. Accept your role as a cog in the great machine. We choose this life to entertain others and ourselves. Maybe make a little scratch in the process. If you can make one person a day smile then you're doing a good work. Even if you don't do magic to make it happen. This world is full of enough turmoil and asshats already. Plastic people, false faces, and fake body parts. Let's stand up and be real for a little while hunh? It's your call.

Stand and fight.. Hoora!

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!