Thursday, March 01, 2012

Control yourselves...

Oh what a wondrous time it is for magicians in this day and age. If only I was young again and could sit in my bedroom on mom and dad's dime and practice card sleights until I came up with something I could sell to idiots my fingers bled.

Was it Vernon who said that sleights are not tricks? (Correct me in the shoutbox if I'm wrong) So many of these things are flashy and elegant but A: They look like moves. Like you're hiding something II. They are putting the focus RIGHT on the moment of technique.

I don't care how invisible the move looks (on or off camera) it still looks like a move. You might as well just drop the card on top and do some fancy false flourish. I guess what I am saying is it's not for me, but if it works for you go for it. Just remember that fancy pasteboard handling is no substitute for a personality or presentation.

"Watch" is not patter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!