Monday, January 19, 2004

I think it is time to explain myself.... first take a look at this post.

Done? Ok... I was banned from that site for my defense of deleting and editing posts on subjects that are not as sensitive as they think. Basically I was booted for talking about censorship. (Ironic doncha think?) Later I went back in under a different name, (Years later I might add), and made a post in a section about fire magic on how NOT to burn yourself silly. What did they do? They banned that new name and deleted the post. The title of their site "Magicians helping Magicians" is kinda hypocritical at this point.

I have heard many things from people who have been banned, are still on, or have worked for the site. Now despite the fact that I love the stuff this guy sez about them... I personally won't resort to calling Scott Guinn a bible humping talentless hack. That's just wrong.. even if it is true. At this point the Cafe has grown beyond the scope of what it started as and has lost it's focus. There are too many hands in the soup and no one knows what the other cook is doing. (For all we know they are whackin' off in the "secret" sauce.)

What bothers me the most is they say they are like no other magic board... which is true. No one else bans, scares off, or downright censors anyone like they do. Now some of you reading this may not agree. You might be friends with these people. Hell you might even be those people. First off, thaz not my problem. Second, all of this is my opinion. I'm entitled to it. Not because of the constitution, but because I believe in the freedom to say what I want when I want and the only way to stop me is to kill me. Thaz my freedom of speech.. you have it and I have it. Words are words and some words can be more effective than others but you must know the right time and place to use them. This is for magic, and the world. Don't let anyone tell you how to be..

be whoever you are.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!