Saturday, January 17, 2004

Why am I not Surprised?

Just got this back from the people at the magic castle.... "Yes, we received and reviewed your CD. I'm regret to say that we are not booking any new acts of this genre at this time."

Gee what a fucking shocker. I don't shove chicks in a box, produce doves, or do card manipulation or torn and restored Newspaper. It sucks trying to be different I tells yah. For all of the ranting and raving I do about being original, sometimes it can be a double edged sword. I'm not bitter.. just annoyed.

However talking to Morgan from out in Vegas he and I both agree that doing magic for magicians suck. Remember that kids... real people are who we work for. Magicians are not your focus. You should always think like a lay person (I hate that term) AND a magician. You must be Switzerland.. you just wanna make cheese.

Oh well... keep up the good work everyone. You may all go now.. but leave your pants.

Bizzaro.

Update: The world has changed since I was 16 and doing magic in bars. It's a lot harder to get anywhere in the entertainment business. I won't say I was born in the wrong era, but I missed something. Mind you in the 70's I would have either been burned at the stake, or they would have been so drugged up that they would have loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!