Thursday, November 01, 2007

Do they know who you are?

For that fact do YOU know who you are?

I have stated before that some of the most popular people can be recognized by their silhouette. However, what makes them famous? There's a thread at Theory 11 about "reputation" right now and I felt compelled to chime in with this:

"My "street cred" tends to be known more for my personality and style of magic which I personally feel is better than being "that guy with the cards"

Name recognition. That's where it's at."


I stand by that whole-heartedly too. Anybody can do magic (almost), but not everyone can stand out. Instead of working on the next big thing with a plastic bag, why not focus on your own ideas... or personality.

To quote Rudy Coby, "They can't steal your personality. They will look like fools for trying." (Paraphrased as I dun have his notes in front of me) Besides, why use someone ELSE'S magic to make YOUR reputation. That's like a band doing other people's songs to get famous. (Sorry Me First and the Gimmie-Gimmies)

Don't get me wrong, there are classics and plots that you can make your own very easily in the eyes of normal people. Magicians judge too harshly, but if you want to have a reputation, it's best they recognize YOU, not your Guardians Deck. Anyone can buy a prop....

Only an artist can bring it to life.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!