Friday, January 25, 2008

Clarification..

Got an email from a nice individual today: Bizzaro, I'm a young magician who think that your cloth thru hand trick is really amazing! But then I heard that you might take it to the grave because no one knows how you do it! You should sell the trick on dvd, you'd make alot of money!

My reply centered around the idea of I remember a time when magicians had signature effects and they KEPT them. Norm Nielsen hasn't sold his floating violin (Yet). McBRide doesn't sell "Official Jeff McBride masks (Yet). The world has changed quite a bit sadly. People sell off routines and tricks they developed for their act to people who do not share the same character or motivation.

Sure I could probably bank on it being sold, but then I couldn't do it anymore. You don't have to be the best people have seen... just the FIRST. Because then, if they ever see someone else doing the same effect its all like, "I saw this other guy do this before" in the crowd.

It's better to have some secrets in this world. Some things are more important than money... but you'd never know it by looking at magic on the internet. Sometimes the problem with doing the right thing...

is you do it by yourself.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!