Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Meh...

So I survived 2008 I think. A lot of folks do their "End of the Year" review. I however think I shall do an End of the WORLD review.

So I've only been alive for 20.. something years. I've been in magic for more of those then I can count on the extremities on my body. (you figure it out) With the alien motherships hovering overhead, I figured the LAST thing I wanted to do was leave a blog post about magic online.

I remember magic when I was a kid. I was David Copperfield. That was IT!! He lasted for 15 years strong. (many of us thought he should have retired and done the odd rolling stones comeback tour kinda thing buuut noooooooo. He's a jew and therefore demands cash. But I digress) Then came the World's Greatest Magic for 5 years. Oh happy days for those of us who were born stage performers. Even the close up magic was on a stage in front of a large crowd. (like a lot of magic conventions. Someone explain that to me please...)

The 90's was a heyday for magic on TV.. that is until the Asshat messed it all up. Now we had street magic AND the internet. Magic shops online were poipping up everywhere like the weeds they were. Ellusionist was ripping people off on a much LARGER scale than any brick and mortar shop ever did. Stage props were sitting on shelves collecting dust. It was a sad time. Then came the Mindflake. (If he was a fish, he'd be the Mindfluke) He was a washed up 80's rocker who wanted some of that David Blaine money.

As 2007 was gearing down, people like Criss Fishing Rod and the Asshat were losing momentum. Online magic shops had platued in their popularity and stage magic was on TV again. You Tube was a place to see headless ass clowns expose sleights and their ineptitude for entertainment. Now you could skip the local magic club to see the same stuff at home and NOT have to talk to them directly. (Kinda like my friend's dating life)

Websites like Theory 11 and bunnyboycollective popped up. Trying to innovate an already desolate wasteland of magic on the int4rwebz. Problem is, we're all just magicians and some of us forget our place in the universe as a bit part.

It's now 2008 and we're all going to die or be slaves for some alien race. I know no one will find this as their death rays will destroy all technology (even the stuff the gubment has hidden keeping track of us all). So it was a long strange trip and I never got to see Paris... outside of Texas that is.

Maybe the Aliens need a court Jester. I could always apply for the job before they fire their las

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!