Friday, July 07, 2006

I miss the 80's....

No really. Back when everyone was so coked up you could get away with most variety entertainment acts no problem. Hell why do you think Carrot Top made it so far? (ok he's actually kinda funny but still) This is what talent in America has come to folks. Some of the stuff on the other videos are impressive but geezus. It's like that 30 seconds to fame debacle all over again. (Yes I was on that show... no I'm not proud of it either.)

Also can I ask you what the hell is up with some people's choice in music nowadays? Mind you in shows like that they make you use their music usually for copyright reasons (Blame ASCAP and BMI.. fuckers.) However most magic demos and show off vids are a lot of Limp Trisquit and equally annoying bands. I like a myriad of music but come on.. whatever happened to upbeat music? Does anyone even remember the 80's who is into magic nowadays? Most of the music was about partying, hookers, drugs, and having fun. How did we go from the Beatles singing, "I wanna hold your hand" to Trent Reznor wanting to "Fuck you like an animal". I fear for our future sometimes.

Could be worse. Could be burning us at the stake again...

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!