Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Magic, magic, Ninja's whut?!

Why no posts you ask? Well I was in CA and Vegas. So here is my report of the magical happenings I went thru and you get to listen to it.. or not. There is always that little X button in the top right of yer window. However if you use it, I have programmed a shock device that will electrocute you if the window is closed too early.. so enjoy.

All of the prestidigi-etc etc went down in LA. (not Louisiana.) Went to Dean Dill's Magic and Barber shop. He is the inventor of Dean's Box and it's a freeking fooler. Saw it live. Egads that man can do shadow coins like a mofo.

Then we traversed to Hollywood Magic and met the manager Jeff (Nice guy) and someone else who's name escapes me right now. However I did my PNJ ard steal (No palm cards to pocket) and fooled the hell out of him. That made me happy. Mischief was a sneeky fooker and bought me a DVD. Andrew Mayne's "Shock FX". Interesting stuff, but the most useful is how to shove a pen thru yer cheek. Ah good times but he is not a jedi yet.

I will say the trip was good for me creativity wise. Came up with many new ideas for my stand up parlour/ comedy act. Enough about me.. you don't care about that right? You want to hear about my Magic Castle Experience do you not? Well everything they say about it is true. It is a grand place and if yer in LA and over 21 I suggest suckering yer way into it like we did. We saw the shows. Aaron Fisher (Chugging a bottle of Hot sauce.), James Dimmare (Imagine Fred Astaire doing dove magic.), and a guy who did close up that made my eyes combust he was so good. Armando Lucero. Holy god tell it on the mountain, see this guy if you ever get the chance. Seriously. Shout outs to Maurice, Rich, Doug, and Jeff Ezell. Real nice guys and they were very kind to two out of towners like us. We'll see them again in March probably.

Now we wander off to Vegas. For all of it's flashy lights, variety shows, and legalized hookers it's kinda boring. (If you don'tdrink or gamble anyway.) We learned a few very important things in Vegas tho'. 1: Mischief should know when to quit whist he is ahead and B: I should NEVER gamble. (With my own money anyway.) Saw the World's Greatest Magic show. Got to hang out afterwards with Sylvester The Jester (Friend of ours) and a lot of the performers after the show. Jeff Hobson is amazing and funny as hell, The Majestics are fairly normal illusionist faire, Nicholas Knight and Kinga have an art angle that works and they are fairly friendly, Kevin James is as nice as they say he is (He got us free tix to the show.) and he has a sawing in half that looks surreal, Sylvester is awesome as always but the silly Vegas audiences just don't get it. Joseph Gabriel always reminded me of a thinner Michael Keaton Circa "Johnny Dangerously" but at least he produces doves... mind you I will save my dove rant for another day.

All in all it was a fun show. Hell we saw it twice. (It was free. Too poor to see P&T or anything else. Mac King was dark for the halidaze.) However Vegas is like any other town with more tourists, more electricity, and bigger a-holes. Sadly it is not the town for me, and I am not dumb enuff to move to LA. Dallas will have to provide shelter a few months more.

So there you have the shortish version of our magical adventures. Tune in next time for your regular dose of hate and venom as we rant till' my heart is content. Until then this will have to tide you over.. FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck Toodles.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!