Monday, December 15, 2003

Nothing to complain about tonight except maybe the lack of cool female magicians in the town that I live in. Why is that you think? I mean the lack of female magicians period? Is it just cuz' they aren't afflicted in the same way boyz are? Are they not given the same toys we are and magic props aren't seen as "girlz" stuff? If that was true then why do some get into it? Lack of ability to date maybe.. well when yer 12 yah. Something causes it.. I dunno what it is. It's just that same spark that keeps them in it like it keeps us in it. I assume the same thing gets them into it that gets males into it too. They see someone pull a coin froma dinner roll and boom thaz it!! Magic is born and they wanna do more.

Now why do they not stick with it then? I have heard tales of girls being told they CAN'T do magic. It's a guys thing. Or that girls can ONLY be clowns. Wow what kinda chauvinist fuknut told them that? I wanna smak em'. I'm a big advocate of females in magic, however I am wary promoting it cuz' I feel some would just look at me like a perv or it's a really creative way to find dates. Nay you pervs!! There are NO strong female magic role models in the world. Malinda was a joke, and no one knows who Galina, Lisa Menna, Jade, Luna Shemada, Misty Lee, Tina Lennert, or any of the other femmes in magic are. Not enough circulation or push really.

Let's say a female magician had been the first to do the street magic Blaine thing. Would it have taken off like he did? Prolly not cuz' no one would have promoted it as heavily. Should it have been done that way.. HELL YAH!! That girl would have been and idol to females everywhere. There is still time, and still hope tho'. If utilized correctly and not heavily played upon the "oh lookit me, I'm such a girl. Watch me do magic!!" she would have definite power in magic. A strong and original personality could go very far if marketed right. Arian Black missed that mark unfortunately.

So what have we learned? A: I really did have something to say B: I am a FIRM supporter of females in magic.. hmm that sounded dirty. Dammit!!! and 3: I'm fooking tired. More tomorrow maybe...

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!