Friday, March 07, 2008

I gone and done it now...

This posts officially breaks 300 POSTS!! (What the hell was I thinking when I started this? Oh yah, I got sick of other people telling me my opinions were WRONG on message boards.)

In other news: I just officially registered for World Magic Seminar. My first Non-Texas convention. Before you ask, no I am not going to compete. The reason is, I feel at this point in my life and career, I should not have to show off my art and should instead get paid to do it... however since that is not gonna happen at WMS, I'll just go mill around and bowl with the celebs. (WHAT? Yes, bowling with a magical "Celebrity". Outta be hilarious to watch a buncha un-coordinated white guys try to lift heavy objects on a slick floor.)

This cleverly segues me into a short discussion on name recognition. I have had people I have NEVER met in the magic world say, "I've heard about you" after I introduce myself. To which I then think to myself, "That can't be good". However it IS good. It is better to be known in hell, than alone in Heaven. As the saying goes, the only thing worse than people talking about you, is people NOT taking about you. Now this trite saying is only partially true. Some people prefer to remain anonymous, but in this business it is better to be known for something... as long as it's not molesting kids.

I think the lines from the first PotC movie sums it up best:
"You're the worst pirate I have ever heard of"
Ahh, but you have HEARD of me."


Never be afraid to stand out in a crowd.

Bizzaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something funny!